Thursday, April 6, 2017

Carousel Birthday Surprise

Carousel Birthday Surprise

So, I keep thinking that after soo many years of loving Stampin' Up, I must have every kind of stamp I could ever need. Hah! Every new catalog brings designs so unique and fresh, I have to have them. Case in point: Carousel Birthday. The classic carousel horse is so pretty, and the cupcakes on the ferris wheel are so cute, I had to have it!

Now, I think any card made with this set (and the Cupcakes & Carousel Designer Series Paper Stack) is automatically cute. I'd been sketching out some ideas for a card for my monthly class but hadn't found the design...and then I received a lovely card with a surprise action from a dear friend, and that was that! I had to learn to make a Twist and Pop card!
Look at those cute cupcakes!

The Twist and Pop Card as designed by Amy Helms at MayMayMadeit.com is a great design to use with this set. It looks like a nice little card on the outside, but when it is opened, va-voom! The inner panels pop open, giving plenty of space for decoration, lettering, or sentiments.



Drop me an email if you would like a copy of my instructions.


Thanks to MayMay it isn't hard to make, and it is so much fun to design. Thanks also to Amy Helms for giving me permission to use her instructions!

See the happy cupcakes on the ferris wheel? The pieces can be easily cut out with dies from the Up & Away Thinlits Dies!

And speaking of the Up & Away Thinlits Dies, which are bundled with the Lift Me Up stamp set, they make my own take on the Twist and Pop card (it is vertical!) super easy:  
                                 

Outside
                                                                                                                   Inside
   I am so loving working with the Up & Away dies!


There are several balloons and lots of clouds to play with.

The fact that I have always been entranced by hot air balloons might have a little to do with my enjoyment of this set. ;)













Happy Spring, everyone!

   Valli

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment