Thursday, August 25, 2016

Memphis in the Summer


We have had some interesting weather patterns here lately. Lots of rain, lots of sun, and more localized cloudbursts than I can remember ever before. Memphis weather not only inspires conversations, but also poetry.  (Didn't see that coming, did you?)

My sister was inspired to compose a haiku about this year's weather. When she suggested I illustrate it, I knew just what to do! Some of my new favorite dies came in to play.



I lovelovelove the raindrops from the Umbrella Weather Framelits! As you might guess, though, keeping lots of itty bitty drops from being lost while work is in progress can be challenging. My solution: 
A sticky note with the adhesive die up keeps all those lovely drops handy, findable, and off of my sleeves and lap. And floor...they do like to travel if they get the chance!

What do you think?
I'd love to see art inspired by your weather!

            ~Valli


Product List

1 comment:

  1. I love your card, the haiku and your handy tip. I know I will be needing that tip in the future!! :)

    ReplyDelete